Thursday, July 6, 2017

Classroom Theme 2017


I don't change the "theme" of my room every year.  BUT this year, I just needed a change! Maybe because I wasn't changing rooms or grade levels for the first time in 6 years.  I also had the same 2 themes (superheroes or extreme sports) for the past 7 years. I looped with two classes (4th grade to 5th grade) twice, hence the need for 2 different themes.  I wanted the students who were in my room two years in a row to have something new to look at.  BTW side note...I LOVE LOOPING!!

After much thought and discussion within Encouraging Teachers Facebook group, I decided on a modified Emoji classroom theme.  Modified because I simply could not see a classroom full of smilies all year round without it being a bit much.  There are LOADS of items on TPT for emoji classrooms and through Creative Teaching I found some borders.  They also have a couple sets for the classroom. However, as previously stated, I didn't want it to be all yellow circle faces.  I am not against smiling. Just thought it was too much of one thing. Here are pictures of what is up in my room.

close up
Brag Board (closet)














This is for our exit tickets. I choose a few to tweet.




check in and out area
 


Tech BB






Jobs 




















Thanks for taking a peek into my room.  Since, I had to create many of these items, I decided to share my Emoji, Tech, App Classroom Decor on TpT for others who might like them.  

click on title above in order to link to this product


What are you doing to spruce up your room this year?  

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment